Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover

As I have stated in previous posts I a make my living as a waiter at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. This week I have been reminded of the old addage that "you can't judge a book by its cover." In waiting tables it tempting to profile customers and assume that a guest will leave a good tip or a bad tip based on how they look, how they act, etc... Cracker Barrel requires that we treat all guest the same, which is a good rule to follow for life in general. Over the past two days at work, the best tips that I recieved were by people that some servers may have thought that by the appearence and actions of the guests would be poor tippers. If a server would have given poor service or been less attentive to theses guests, it would not only have been morally wrong, and against Cracker Barrel policy, but they could have missed out on a real nice tip. Fortunate for me, I was able to wait on theses wonderful, generous guests who more than compensated me for my service. The moral is, do not judge people by their natural appearence and treat all people the way that you want to be treated, for not only is it the right thing to do, but you never know how you will be rewarded for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment