Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Hot Saturday in Blue Ridge, Georgia

Even though I work at the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, I make my residence in the beautiful mountains of Blue Ridge, Ga. It has been a hot day today, but a good one. I went to a cook out at my brothers house below me and had some of the best grilled pork chops that I have had in a while along with one my favorite foods, grilled out hot dogs.  I bought my fishing licence and me and the kids went to Blue Ridge Lake for a brief time this evening, not even one bite, but it was good to get out.

 On an unsettling note, I heard news that a house was broken into by some robbers who tied an elderly man up and shot him in the leg. I was told that the man was able to escape and that they thought that he would be okay. No word on the status of the robbers. We do not have much crime of that nature in Blue Ridge, Ga, and it is unsettling when we do. It makes us realize that our mountain paradise is not exempt from the evils of this wicked world.

No comments:

Post a Comment