Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Talk with General Manger

Yesterday, I had a nice chat with the general manager of our store that gave me a new appreciation of him as a our general manger. The chat was in reference to a complaint I had made about having my hours cut. I should have taken it up with him first, but instead I went straight to the home office. John ( my GM) was very gracious and didn't fuss me out about going over his head as some may have done, but gently asked why I didn't come to him first. I explained that I was a little uncomfortable about approaching him due to my perception of how he might react. He was very understanding and I was able to share what was on my mind, and he listened intently and let me know that if I had any problems that I should always feel free to approach him and share what is on my mind. The issue with my hours was resolved, and John handled the situation in a very professional and courteous way, a good example for all mangers to follow in the company. So kudos, to John Rotundi of Cracker Barrel Store 425.

I would also like to encourage fellow employees, if you have a problem, take it up with a manager, give them the opportunity to help you out. Do not be like me and let a misconception about a how a manger might react keep you from sharing any issue that you might have, you might be pleasantly surprised abut how they listen and address the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment