Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ihop Versus Cracker Barrel

Working in the restaurant business myself, I sometimes enjoy visiting different eating establishments than the one I work at. I find myself being the food critic and making comparisons between the one I am visiting and the one I work at. Last night we paid a late night visit to the International House of Pancakes, in Ellijay, Georgia.

Upon arriving at the ihop location we were greeted and seated by a server named Michael, who was very friendly and took great care of us throughout the evening. Michael took our drink order and we placed our food order, that came out in a modest amount of time and was absolutely correct, a big plus for any restaurant.

I had the spinach/mushroom omelet with a side of hash browns, a side of turkey bacon (I don't recommend ordering it) and blueberry pancakes. The omelet was scrumptious as was the pancakes, the hash browns were cooked just right, but hash browns will be hash browns, all and all a wonderful meal and dining experience.

In comparison I have to say that the food quality of the International House of Pancakes is as good as my employer, Cracker Barrel. The portions were ample size and service was great. Cracker Barrel probably has an edge over ihop because of their variety of offerings, retail store, and brand name, but the International House of Pancakes is strong competition for the Lebanon, based chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment